The responsibility for the appointment procedure lies with the President of KIT. The appointment procedure is coordinated and supervised by SEK-Berufungen from the very beginning. In addition to the preparation and monitoring of the central committee process and the quality assurance of the entire appointment procedure, this includes in detail:
- Planning of professorships within the framework of the structure and development plan
- Preparation and follow-up of appointment and retention negotiations
- Dealing with fundamental legal issues in connection with appointment procedures
- Advising appointment committees
- Coordination of the evaluation of W1 professorships
- Organizing and documenting interviews for the renewal of endowments.
The detailed process steps and responsibilities can be found in the "Guidelines for the Implementation of Appointment Procedures to Fill W 2/W 3 Professorships and Senior Scientific Positions". These can be found in our download area(intranet), as can the associated forms and "Notes on the evaluation of W1 professorships".